[obol] Re: Northern Goshawk

  • From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2014 19:30:49 -0700

**************

If it dove into water I reckon it's an Osprey. Right now is probably the
likeliest time for Goshawks over urban areas as they are migrating. They
frequently circle in updrafts, with little or no flapping of the wings. But
diving into water? The only other raptor that routinely does this in Oregon is
the Bald Eagle.  Lars