[obol] Re: Northern Goshawk

  • From: linda phelan thompson <lindaphelanlmt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 14:47:36 -0700

Dear Obolers,
                             I hope I'm not beating a dead horse here, but
on retrospect, I'm  wondering if I saw two different birds Saturday. The
first bird I saw had a white face, with that black cap on top. The next two
times I saw a bird, I assumed it was the same one, but this had the facial
markings consistent with the Osprey, plus those long tapered wings.

                             There have been a lot of Yellow Rumped
Warblers along the Fanno Wetland, and at times other Warbler species, it's
been pretty fun. I saw "one" Cedar Waxwing out by the beaver dams, the
first time I've seen one by itself. I'm not seeing the Wood Ducks that were
here in the fall, except for one female. I'll keep my eye out for them,
hoping for some nesting in the area.

PS: As someone still trying to get to know the birds, I get pretty excited,
and try to remember to look for identifiable features.

Linda
Fanno Wetlands, lots of frogs out here these days.

--

*Linda Lee*