[obol] More Eugene Migrants

  • From: Thomas Meinzen <thomasmeinzen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 15:22:13 -0700

There was an exceptionally good flow of migrants through my neighborhood in
North Eugene this morning. I raced out to the Maxwell Rd./Hwy. 99 ponds and
found the willows and cottonwoods to be stuffed with warblers, most
Yellow-rumps. In the fifteen minutes before church I had about 60
Yellow-rumped Warblers, 30 Orange-crowned Warblers, 15 NASHVILLE WARBLERS,
an obliging CASSIN'S VIREO and a bright male WILSON'S WARBLER. EVENING
GROSBEAKS were also present. It was neat to see the Yellow-rumps in so many
variations of plumage.

Good birding,
Thomas Meinzen
Eugene