[obol] Lane Coast birds

  • From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 17:31:53 -0700

I spent most of today birding around Florence with Brandon Green and Sean
Burns, plus a bit with Diane Pettey (and the pleasure of seeing Bill Stotz).

Highlight was a YELLOW-headed Blackbird at the dog pond on south jetty road.  I
can't recall seeing one in coastal Lane County before.

Other highlights included an imm WF Goose hanging out at a puddle on s jetty
gravel pan, a Yellowthroat there in the bushes, a couple of Yellow Warblers in
bushes at the crab dock flats, three Common Terns on rocks near the crab dock,
a Wandering Tattler there, 2 Snowy Plover and a Baird's Sand at Siltcoos outlet.

Shorebird numbers were low.  Likewise variety.  The very nice weather may have
encouraged some to keep moving.

Sean and Brandon can add anything I forgot.  Sean got band info on the plovers.
.
.
Alan Contreras
acontrer56@xxxxxxxxx