[obol] Re: Greater White-fronted Geese???

  • From: Mitch Ratzlaff <mitch.ratzlaff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "matthewghunter@xxxxxxxxx" <matthewghunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 07:28:30 -0700

I normally hear them migrating over our home in April too, but this year
I've heard none. However, there were at least four different small
groups (6-15 birds) at Baskett Slough on Saturday. So they're moving, but I
assume your theory of a different path or elevation is correct. In my
experience, the migrants through W Oregon primarily stay over the coast
range. Seems like more folks from parts further East in the valley have
noticed migratory flicks this year.

Mitch
Dallas