[obol] Re: Finding a Varied Thrush in the Portland area: not as easy as I thought!

  • From: Janet Leavens <janet.leavens1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 10:00:09 -0400

Wow! Oregon birders are so helpful! I got at least 17 responses to my
query.

The general consensus was that we need to haul our butts out of bed a lot
earlier (although this advice was always phrased much more politely :-) )
and listen for them calling (in appropriate habitat) at the crack of dawn.
We'll have a chance to do that Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning. I'll
write back if we've had any success.

Thanks so much!

Janet Leavens
Oviedo, FL