[obol] Coos Birds of Late

  • From: Tim Rodenkirk <garbledmodwit@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OBOL <obol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 16:38:35 -0700 (PDT)

Eastside of Coos Bay on the 29th, near the Eastside Boat Ramp:
1- WESTERN SCRUB-JAY (unusual/rare anywhere around town except a pair that has
bred near Joe Metzler's place in Coos Bay the last couple of years and even
stayed around in the same area for our CBC which will be on Sunday 15 December
this year).
1 or 2-  C. YELLOWTHROATS (one was at the kack patch here until just before the
Coos Bay CBC last year, fortunately another one showed up elsewhere).

Millicoma Marsh, Coos Bay- today, the 31st:
4- SWAMP SPARROWS, also the usuals: White-throated (2+), Golden-Crowned
(abundant), Fox (abundant), White-crowned (abundant), Lincoln (several), and
Song Sparrows (everywhere) but couldn't find any Savannahs.  Also saw a single
LESSER GOLDFINCH.  Put my first seed out there today, it usually takes a couple
weeks before the seed patch catches more than just a few sparrow's attention.

That's it for now- Merry November all!
Tim R
Coos Bay