[obol] Re: Bald Eagle Surprise!

  • From: Priscilla Nam Hari Kaur <priscillanhk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lillian.e@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 06:45:15 -0800

Lillian and others discussing the Eagle /Goose photo;

Hi all,
At first I just went for the interpretation Lillian gave us; that it was a
Bald Eagle.
Then I kind of went back and forth with the tides of opinion, though I
could never quite
get comfortable with it being the rear view of a goose.
Then too, where is that huge golden honker of a bill the Eagle should have?

But this morning I looked again at the original photo again with sleepy eyes
and was struck by the lack of largeness of the would-be Eagle.

I found this photo on flickr showing an Eagle with a Canada Goose; The
Eagle really dwarfs the Goose.
Just my two cents worth, if even worth two cents - I am often victim to
"size illusions".
I hope the link works:

https://flic.kr/p/7LwWk5

Priscilla Sokolowski