[oagitm] Re: Social Networking

  • From: "Morrie Volkov" <mvolkov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "DEAN ANDERSON" <ANDERSON.DEAN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 08:19:09 -0800

Answers below in uppercase.

>>> "DEAN ANDERSON" <ANDERSON.DEAN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 1/18/2011 8:59 AM

I am doing a small study looking at Social Networking Tools (facebook,
LinkedIn, Twitter, Youtube, etc.) and was hoping you could answer a few
questions regarding social networking and how your organization deal
with it.   The  ten very simple questions are all Yes/No, so you ought
to be able to fill it out quickly. (I assume your e-mail address will
identify the organization your with, if not please include it in your
response).

I know these types of surveys have been done before, are a drag to do,
and that I could include a lot more questions. However,  I am looking
for some basic information to provide my County Board Of Commissioners
to help us with our policy discussions.

So here goes...

1. Does you organization have (or are developing)  a formal policy
relating to "social networking tools/sites" (y/n) ?  YES
2. Is your organization ignoring the "social networking world"  for now
(y/n) ? NO

If you have a policy, does your policy include...

3. a "code of conduct" or something similar for official (sponsored)
social networking sites (y/n)? YES
4. a records retention component (y/n)? YES
5. procedures to protect youth (if you have a youth site) (y/n/na)? NO

6. a "code of conduct" for employees when participating on social
networking sites as private citizens (y/n) ? NO

Does you organization allow employees (as official representatives of
your organization) to...

7. participate in professional social networking sites (LinkedIn,
wiki's, Twitter, etc) (y/n)? YES
8. create social network sites for dissemination of information such as
(facebook, twitter, Youtube) (y/n)? YES
9. create social network sites to foster interactive communication with
the public (y/n)? YES AND NO
10. create social network sites to foster communication with
youth(y/n)? YES AND NO

I would be happy to share the results with the group when I am done. I
have also collected a lot of policy statements/guidelines and would be
happy to share that as well.  Finally, if you have a policy and are
willing to share could you please e-mail it to me?  OUR POLICIES ARE
STILL IN DRAFT MODE.  WOULD BE HAPPY TO SHARE THEM WHEN THEY ARE
COMPLETE, HOPEFULLY AROUND MID MARCH.

Thanks

Dean Anderson
IT Director
Polk County, Oregon

This message has been scanned for virus content by Symantec Anti-Virus,
and is believed to be clean.
Viruses are often contained in attachments - Email with specific
attachment types are automatically deleted.
If you need to receive one of these attachments contact Marion County
IT for assistance.
in the Subject

For general ListServ help, visit: //www.freelists.org/help