[oagitm] Re: Social Networking

  • From: "DEAN ANDERSON" <ANDERSON.DEAN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oagitm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 08:59:52 -0800

I am doing a small study looking at Social Networking Tools (facebook,
LinkedIn, Twitter, Youtube, etc.) and was hoping you could answer a few
questions regarding social networking and how your organization deal with it.
The  ten very simple questions are all Yes/No, so you ought to be able to fill
it out quickly. (I assume your e-mail address will identify the organization
your with, if not please include it in your response).

I know these types of surveys have been done before, are a drag to do, and that
I could include a lot more questions. However,  I am looking for some basic
information to provide my County Board Of Commissioners to help us with our
policy discussions.

So here goes...

1. Does you organization have (or are developing)  a formal policy relating to
"social networking tools/sites" (y/n) ?
2. Is your organization ignoring the "social networking world"  for now (y/n) ?

If you have a policy, does your policy include...

3. a "code of conduct" or something similar for official (sponsored) social
networking sites (y/n)?
4. a records retention component (y/n)?
5. procedures to protect youth (if you have a youth site) (y/n/na)?
6. a "code of conduct" for employees when participating on social networking
sites as private citizens (y/n) ?

Does you organization allow employees (as official representatives of your
organization) to...

7. participate in professional social networking sites (LinkedIn, wiki's,
Twitter, etc) (y/n)?
8. create social network sites for dissemination of information such as
(facebook, twitter, Youtube) (y/n)?
9. create social network sites to foster interactive communication with the
public (y/n)?
10. create social network sites to foster communication with youth(y/n)?

I would be happy to share the results with the group when I am done. I have
also collected a lot of policy statements/guidelines and would be happy to
share that as well.  Finally, if you have a policy and are willing to share
could you please e-mail it to me?

Thanks

Dean Anderson
IT Director