Re: [nvda-translations] Two questions about diffs files

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 08:20:15 +0100

Hi Patrick,

You may find this somewhat helpful.
http://www.nvda-project.org/wiki/TranslatingUsingAutomaticProcess

> How the update knows what revs I translated or not?

When you finish translating something you should commit and in the
commit message say translated 5122 5123.
Important: the last revision should not be deleted.
for example even if you finnished with 5175, it should not be deleted
since the automatic scripts need to know where it should start searching
for new changes.
There is information on the wiki on how to delete the already translated
revs.

> Because last time I seen an update, the revs I had already
> translated were still there after svn update when there were deleted
> for some others languages.

Yes, this is because those translators already deleted the revisions
when they finnished translating them.
It is good to say in the commit message what revisions have been
completed, just incase someone forgets to delete the revs, and from time
to time I look at all langs and delete things that should no longer be
there.

> And a last question, what is the difference between diff.txt and wdiff.txt?

Diff shows you the diffrences line by line, but sometimes one long line
is modified and it is dificult to hear how it has changed, so you can
look at the wdiff to see exactly where in the sentance the change were
made.
Most of the time wdiff is not needed, but is there just incase.

If you feel we can improve the documentation on the wiki please
highlight the areas which need improvement.

Thanks.
Mesar