Re: [nvda-translations] Adding Icelandic to the NVDA translation structure (mostly for mr Hamed)

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-translations@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 12:50:05 +0100

Hi Birkir,

Happy new year, glad to see you with us :)

in-body reply:
On Wed 02/01/13,14:47, Birkir R. Gunnarsson wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> This is mostly for Mesar. I know he has been out, but think he should
> be back on the list since around Dec 30th (feel free to correct me if
> I am wrong).

:) I managed to change my ticket to get a few more days of sunshine, got back
last evening.

> I am working on funding application and evaluating the amount of work
> needed to get the Icelandic translation of NVDA up to speed

Glad to hear you managed to get some funding for it.

> (we translated 2011.2 I believe, and we did not translate the user
> documentation, we plan to change that, make sure next version of NVDA
> has full Icelandic translation and braille support, and then use this
> engenius system to keep it up-to-date, but an "is" folder is missing
> from the automatic build process, so we can't get started).

This should now be working, please let me know if any clarification of the
process is needed.

> Funding is pretty much (at
> least 90%) guaranteed, so I am not overly worried, and there is no
> huge rush on this. I just wanted to make sure this was not forgotten.

Maybe you already have all these points for the funding application but just
incase:

Initial work (sorted by priority):
* Review/complete/test Icelandic NVDA interface (nvda.po), 2 days.
* Check pronunciation of symbols and characters (symbols.dic,
characterDescription.dic), one afternoon.
* Translate/proofcheck NVDA userGuide 1 week.
* [optional] translate changes.t2t for the latest release 1 afternoon.
* [optional] check/improve Icelandic computer braille, grade 1 and grade 2
tables (more detailed information can be provided if needed).

Weekly (roling bases):
* act on Icelandic user feedback to improve localization terms
* localize any updates to nvda.po (5 mins)
* localize any modifications to userGuide (10--20 mins)
* [optional] translate any modifications to the changes.t2t file (10 mins)
* [optional] translate any new nvda addons (10 mins).

Hope this helps,
Thanks,
-- Mesar