[nvda-addons] Re: Symbol Insertion dialog addon

  • From: Bhavya shah <bhavya.shah125@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 20:41:35 +0530

Hi,
(what is a "common symbol")
Have a look at the JAWS Symbols list dialog and the symbols in there.
I won't bother muchj, because for the most part, I will be adding
custom symbols.
(I feel, this shouldn't be merged into nvda core when done, if we do
it, because if it is, then that defetes the purpose of nvda only
providing screen reader capabilities).
Ok,agreed.
Yes, I started Maths on computers relatively recently as well. In a
couple of weeks, me and my Maths & Science ACCESS instructor are going
to begin learning Latex as well. If by Nemeth you mean Nemeth Braille,
then I would personally prefer Latex rather than Maths Braille (my
opinion):)
I have forwarded that link to my Maths & Science Access instructor.
An NVDA SYmbol Insertion dialog would be usable universally, while the
Word SYmbol dialog would be usable only in MS Word.

--
Best Regards
Bhavya Shah