[nvda-addons] Re: Symbol Insertion dialog addon

  • From: "Joseph Lee" <joseph.lee22590@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 08:11:22 -0700

Hi,
As for numpad method, you might be referring to typing symbols using
Alt+number combination. In that case, you don't need a numpad to do it -
simply hold down Alt key while you type the ordinal value of the character
and Windows will insert it for you (this works properly in rich edit fields
such as Wordpad).
As for implementing this add-on, perhaps we can copy routines from Emoticons
and Unicode Braille Input, provide a file to store custom symbols and be
done with it. I think it should be a global plugin and allow it to be used
from anywhere. Also, I propose that this be developed by someone getting
started with add-on development as a teaching tool.
Cheers,
Joseph