[nvda-addons] Re: RFC: don't use the repository README as add-on user documentation (was) Re: Re: Configobj requirement in addon template

  • From: Mesar Hameed <mesar.hameed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Rui Batista <ruiandrebatista@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 09:31:26 +0100

Hi Rui,

Many thanks for your answers.

in-body reply:
On Thu 04/09/14,01:01, Rui Batista wrote:
> > On Fri 18/07/14,12:07, Mesar Hameed wrote:
> >> Hi Rui,
> >>
> >> If I have read the code correctly, the modifications in features/tools
> >> looks good, and are cleaner than the
> >> t2694, t2694-2 and next branches.
>
> Yes. Actually I wanted to merge feature/tools into next but didn’t do it,
> don’t recall exactly why.

I have gone ahead and merged it into master.

> >> I suggest deleting these three, and wait until 2014.3 is out, after
> >> which we can merge/role out the updated template for the addons.
>
> Sure. Probably feature/tools should readily replace next and merge into
> master as soon as 2014.3 roles out.

Do you agree that branches t2694, t2694-2 and next should now be deleted?
I hope I didn't overlook some functionality.

> >> Updating/releasing the addons is not a fast process, so the more we can
> >> agree on and implement the better, so that we don't have to iterate over
> >> too many template updates.

Other than the better markdown branch which isn't quite
completed/ready for merging, do you have any other improvements in mind for the
template before we start roling it out?

thanks,
Mesar