[nvda-addons] Re: GMail Add-on Request

  • From: Noelia <nrm1977@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nvda-addons@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 09:32:25 +0200

Sorry: I thought that you was requesting me to open a ticket for adding more triggers which could be associated with profiles, and I answer that perhaps it's better that you open the ticket for this, since:

1. I have opened tickets not fixed yet (I just show you tem).
2. You can explain there exactly why you need the requested enhancement if you are asked about that, and are able to expose your reasons in further details.
Thanks.

El 05/09/2014 9:17, Bhavya shah escribió:
Hi.
I am sorry, but I was unable to see the relation of all the tickets
you mentioned to my issue.
Please clarify.

On 9/5/14, Noelia <nrm1977@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
There is not a keystroke to switch profiles: you must use the Profiles
dialog.
About the tickets which have opened:

http://community.nvda-project.org/ticket/1839

http://community.nvda-project.org/ticket/3361

Also 2147, about specific search in web pages (fixed in placeMarkers
add-on), and 1834, closed and fixed in eMule add-on. These two last
tickets are difficult to fix in NVDA core due to possible legal
concerns, who can differ between countries for eMule; placeMarkers
before was restricted by a Freedom Scientific patent, now invalidated,
as mentioned in ticket 88 (previously created by another person):
http://www.gwmicro.com/News_&_Events/Latest_News/?newsNo=266

Another option could be trying to include the possibility of selecting a
profile in placeMarkers add-on, using event_foreground, considering that
the add-on deals about specific websites based on the title and URL. But
perhaps this breaks the purpose of the add-on.
Thoughts.
Thanks.

El 05/09/2014 6:11, Bhavya shah escribió:
Hi.
Ok, I will create a configuration profile, but to activate it, do I
always need to go into the Configuration Profiles from the NVDA menu
and then press on the Manual Activate button? Is there any keystroke
to quickly cycle between profiles?
Roger:
I do not use any email client, I use the webmail.
I have some tickets opened and not fixed. I think it's better you post
it; probably your English is better too :)
Which tickets have you opened? What should I post? I would be a bit
reluctant, because your English is equally good, and I am not a very
technical person.
Hoping to hear from you soon.

On 9/5/14, Roger Stewart <paganus2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I had this annoyance as well.  However, an add on is not necessary at
all.  All you do is create a configuration profile for Thunderbird and
in object presentation, just turn off the notification of tables, cell
coordinates etc--everything to do with tables.  You'll never hear that
bothersome speech again but in other apps where tables are used and you
would want to navigate them, they will be reported as usual.

Roger

On 9/4/2014 7:58 AM, Behave shah wrote:
Dear all.
Generally, most users including me would want to keep the reporting of
tables option enabled.
However, due to a reason I have to keep it off.
While reading any conversation in GMail (Basic HTML) the sender's name
which I first reach by h to go to next heading, is in a table, so I
have to listen to table with x columns and x rows. Then until I get to
the message, I have to listen to the cell coordinants and everything
else.
Could an addon be made for NVDA to not read tables while reading
conversations in GMail?
Also, if someone is willing to have a look and try to resolve, should
I post the link to some other valid GMail issues (webmail only)?
Hoping to hear from you soon.

.