[numcog] Re: Greetings all!

  • From: "Daniel Ansari" <d.ansari@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: numcog@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 09:38:30 +0100 (BST)

Hi all!

Following Anna's suggestion, let me introduce myself. I was not at CNS,
but Sarah Paterson kindly forwarded me the details about how to join this
list!

I am a PhD student at the Institute of Child Health in London. At the
moment I am writing up, which is not much fun!!;) My work thus far has
focussed on numerical cognition in children and adults with Williams
syndrome.

This fall I am joining the faculty of the Education Department at
Dartmouth College, where I am hoping to continue working on number
development in both typically and atypically developing children. I am
particularly interested in exploring the developmental trajectories of
children that develop problems with numeracy (mathematical disability or
dycalculia) in an effort to better understand predictors of dyscalculia
which may enable earlier diagnosis and could help to design targeted
intervention programs. Related to these issues, I am interested in the
co-morbidity of dyscalculia and dyslexia as well as the co-morbidity
between dyscalculia and ADHD.

I am also interested in the convergence and divergence of symbolic and
non-symbolic representation of number in the adult brain and am currently
collaborating with a group in Singapore to explore such issues using fMRI.

I really look forward to the discussions on this list!!

Best wishes,
Daniel

A digest version is available, to sign up login to your account at
//www.freelists.org/login.html, and see instructions in the FAQ or
welcome files.

For other administrative queries, email Anna:
ajwilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx