[numcog] Greetings all!

  • From: Anna Wilson <ajwilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <numcog@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 20:18:23 -0800

Hi everyone -

Only ten hours or so into the list, and we have six people signed up
already!  Welcome to everyone.... I was thinking while people are signing
up, we could send out introductions...

I think most of you know me now from CNS or elsewhere, but I'm a grad
student (postgrad for english english speakers :-) at the University of
Oregon, finishing up a PhD in numerical cognition.  I'm going to be heading
off to do a post-doc with Stan Dehaene in Paris in a few months (assuming I
survive the write up process, which I'm in the middle of right now... ).

Anyway, I ended up organizing this list because a) I volunteered (doh!), b)
I actually secretly like organizing things, but c) more seriously - we were
floating the idea at lunch table at CNS, and I thought it'd be a great way
to get researchers (particularly people just starting out) in the field in
contact, given that there aren't so many of us, and we're scattered about
the globe.  I hope we'll have lots of interesting discussions.  (I'm also
hoping you guys are going to help me start them up, because my brain is
fried from too much dissertation writing at the moment!)

Over to you...

Anna ~*

A digest version is available, to sign up login to your account at
//www.freelists.org/login.html, and see instructions in the FAQ or
welcome files.

For other administrative queries, email Anna:
ajwilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx