[ntnm] Re: newspapers by email if it wasn't broke why fix it

  • From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ntnm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 21:10:19 +0100

Isaac
I will aquote you,  and add comments.

"The retail price of newspapers does not come into it as the publishers
kindly donate their publications for the blind free of charge; I know
for a fact that this does not happen in every country!"

Yes but this doesn't  mean The subscripton we pay, can not   go up.

"It is important to note that the eText side was the smaller part of the
charity activity the audio side was at least ten times bigger in terms
of expense and subscriber numbers."

But your stats are not same as RNIB.'s  stats.

See below

Neil Heslop, who is RNIB's director of Solutions
Said  on  In Touch few weeks ago.

4,000 customers, majority receive their material on audio via CD.
285  eText service and receive distribution through e-mail.
19 customers receive their material on CD-rom.

I will quote more of what Neil said

Derek