[networkku] Re: WoW

  • From: "Don Wallace" <donwallace3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <networkku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 07:59:22 -0600

Deathwing is PVP, and I dont want any of that shnizzle.

I started a Tauren Shaman, Field, on Shadowsong. Got him to 6 in a couple
hours and havent died yet.

I intend to try several different race/class combos and take them up to 10
or so before I settle on one. Thus im not settled on a perticular server
either.

WoW is really fun, obsessivley, compulsively fun like EQ hasn't been in a
long time.
Most of it is just the novelty. Its all new again.
The quest system is really really nice. I mean really. It guides you,
teaches you, gives XP, is not deliberatley obscure.
I dont like the Alliance/Horde rift though. Limiting interaction, having to
choose one or the other etc.
The UI seems ok. But the chat window is primitive.
I cant pan the camera up/down which is major annoying. Looking up or down
hills from 1st person view is a real problem.
Death system seems very good, though I havent died yet to be sure.

Glean