[networkku] Re: WoW

  • From: "D. Cain" <cain13@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: networkku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 17:30:49 -0500 (EST)

 For Christmas, they did a patch that added holiday style decorations through
towns of the world. Deco'd trees, wreaths, strings of colored lights, candy
canes, etc. The home of the dwarves, Ironforge, even has a Santa style
character sitting in a large chair, right by the bank. He's the source of a
couple quick and fairly easy quests, like bringing him milk and cookies. This
nets you a few fun gifts in your mail, like a box of assorted holiday foods (
ginger bread cookies, a holiday cheese wheel, egg nog, etc. )
 A couple vendors nearby have a few holiday only items, like tradeskill recipes
( again so you can make eggnog and gingerbread cookies ), special holiday
wrapping paper ( items that are NOT stackable can be wrapped, so when you trade
/ send them to somebody, they appear as a little ribboned gift. when you open
it, it makes a little tearing sound, a really nice example of how blizzard adds
in the " little " things to make the game more fun ). Here you can also buy
snowballs for a very nominal fee. Snowballs can be thrown via right clicking
them, and they are actual projectiles that splat when they hit somebody. If the
person is in your group, they get knocked on their ass. It's a TON of fun when
you've got people ducking and dodging and running around in a giant, city wide
snowball fight. It's a type of fun that's head and shoulders above the " who's
got the most aa's for xmas " that I grew so tired of in EQ. It's not
competative, it's not dangerous, it's just fun !
 Aika and I finished a quest for the holidays that garnered us a little thingy
majig that when right clicked, turns you into a snow man. It takes one snowball
to work, which are currently in plentiful supply. The snowman is fully
animated, doing things like hopping up and down, taking off his hat to
passersby, and shielding his eyes as he looks off into the distance. You're
rooted when you're a snowman, you can't attack and such, it's just there to be
neat looking, and to be a fun holiday reward for going out and killing the
"Greench", a giant Yeti.
 I'm taking my time in the game, and though I'm in a guild of about 50+ people,
I'm definately not blazing my way through. Most of my friends from previous
games, and most of my acquaintences from EQ, have levled beyond my meager 36,
and I have absolutely no desire to miss a single moment of content. I feel a
little bad for a few of my friends that have taken the hardcore must-be-60-NOW
route, because there's just SOO much to do at the inbetween levles right now.
The game is definately set up around quests, and you won't find people EVER
just sitting in a zone LFG for an EXP group. They don't exist. You do quests,
you explore, or you just hang out.
 I'm currently on Whisperwind, also here can be found Xeonflux, Razzputon,
Vani, Hepcatt, Gruntie ( not sure if it's the olden time Gruntie or the SA
Gruntie ) and occasionally Agaroo ( I forget his characters name ). Most of
those yahoo's are in Bohan Clan, which you can read mroe about at uh,
www.bohan.ca . I joined up with some old friends of mine from UO and my first
year of EQ, we're at www.eternal-legacy.org . Nothing big, just some goofballs
hanging out, not taking the game super seriously. Hope those of you who try it
out enjoy your time.

-Az

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com