[ncsc-moths] Re: Question and ID request

  • From: "J. Merrill Lynch" <jmerrilllynch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 21:10:36 -0500

Lois,

Forgot to comment on your photos.  I think you're right on Psaphida
rolandi.  I'm having trouble with your first pic which is obviously a
Lithophane of some stripe.  It's not joannis but it has markings similar to
antennata.  Antennata has a grayish background color but your moth appears
brownish; however, I'm wondering if the photo was taken under an
incandescent light which often casts a yellowish tint on the subject.

Merrill

--
J. Merrill Lynch
Echo Valley Farm