[ncsc-moths] Re: Question and ID request

  • From: "parker backstrom" <dpbackstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 20:26:20 -0500

Lois -

If I might add one thing, I suspect that most people check only the live
plates on MPG (those buttons on the right side of the plate series page)
when they're trying to match a photo they've taken with one on MPG.  I did
that for a long time too without realizing that a lot of species aren't
represented by live specimens but are shown in spread specimens.  Those
plates aren't as easy to use but if you scroll through the pages using the
buttons on the far left side of the page you will see a whole bunch more
moths that you might not otherwise see.

Good mothing.

Parker

  _____