[ncsc-moths] Re: Medoc Mt. SP. Moths

  • From: Brian Bockhahn <birdranger248@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncsc-moths <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 12:12:08 -0400

Mea culpa, it is notialis.

Peterson's is a little misleading with the PM line showing only white, BG
photos shows a similar PM line as in velleda with white with gray center.

Looking at Pauls image though, the ST line DOES show the two bulges present
in notialis and not velleda.  A much better field mark we should have
checked.

We didn't even look at time of year and it was one of the last ones of the
night for our weary eyes!  Guarantee a missed call will happen again!

Thanks Ken!

--
Brian Bockhahn
birdranger248@xxxxxxxxx