[ncolug] Re: php project

  • From: Mike <mikeb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 20:22:38 -0400

Chuck Stickelman wrote:
> If a web-enabled development tool is needed, then Bluefish (yes.. As in 1
> fish, 2 fish, redfish... ) is the way to go.
>
> I believe Bluefish even does PHP...
>
> However, I agree w/ Mike that there's a need for more information...
>
> This might be a place where a more general CMS product would provide a
> framework that cold utilize an external data feed.  Say, does this data exist
> as an RSS feed somwhere?
>
> Want to make ths July's topic?
>
> Chuck

Even if Bluefish, NVU, or whatever editor your using understands PHP
syntax it's a mute point.  You need to have some clue what you want or
need the code to do or the effort will be futile.

Without knowing the detailed specifics it would be very hard to say if
their is a CMS product or something else that might easily handle the task.

One way I like to figure this out goes something along the lines of
these two questions.

What do you have?
What do you want?

The "have" is what we currently know or can get access to via some
means.  The "what" is what do we want as the result or output.  If you
can isolate these two pieces much of the rest is just some glue to make
it all stick.

Hopefully the end result doesn't stink too badly! :)

Mike

Subject field.