[ncolug] Re: Native Broadcom Drivers

  • From: "Ken Allen" <kc8tdw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 09:36:48 -0400

I too have a bcm43xx wireless card in my laptop.  I use Ubuntu with kernel
2.6.17 and I took the windows driver for it and used a program called
fwcutter.  This extracted the files and place then in the directories that
they needed to be in.  I was using WEP, as I could not get wpa_supplicant to
work as well.  Also, after a few weeks, things went very bad.  All of a
sudden I started getting errors when trying to load the drivers for the
bcm43xx.  I ran the fwcutter again, but it still was erroring out.  I have
since switched to a Cisco card and have had no issues with it running WEP,
still can't get wpa_supplicant working.