[ncolug] Re: Debian strike 2

  • From: "Chuck Stickelman" <CStickelman@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 08:26:22 -0400

I have to agree w/ Larry. This is *not* a Debian issue.  From a high-level view
all a distribution does is package up other people's software and make it easy
to install, configure, and uninstall.

While you may not have had a positive experience w/ Debian, it *is* the most
respected distribution out there.

In terms of your Apache issue, we would need to see some examples in order to
help you solve this.

An example of a URL that causes the 404 error and the full path to the
referenced file.

So, if the URL is:
http://www.kc8tcw.com/images/logo.gif

Then we'd need to see the output of:
ls -ld /var/www /var/www/images /var/www/images/logo.gif
(for example)

Chuck