[ncolug] Re: Debian strike 2

  • From: larry <larry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ncolug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 07:08:45 -0400

The images problem is an Apache configuration problem. It has nothing to do with your Linux distribution.

I have a book, "Teach Yourself Apache2 in 24 hours," you are welcome to borrow it - but really, everything you could possibly want to know about Apache is available online.

Ken Allen wrote:
My fuel to my fire to get rid of Debian is being feed even more so. I am having an issue with Debian saying a directory isn't there, but it is. If you go to http://www.kc8tdw.com/images/, there is a files, images and folders there. It is currently chomd to 755 and I even had it at 777 and I keep getting a 404 error. This images directory is for HW3 and is suppose to put the additional images on the page like the current moon phase with a waxing crescent moon.

Can someone please give me an idea of what is the beef with Debian on this issue. The page that needs these images is at http://www.kc8tdw.com/hw3.php.

Also, is there a way that I can be able to browse to www.kc8tdw.com <http://www.kc8tdw.com> and it get it's dns information and come back to me?

Thanks,

Ken Allen

--
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used
to the idea."

Subject field.