[nanomsg] Re: New fork (was Re: Moving forward)

  • From: Martin Lucina <martin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 09:34:02 +0100

dirkjan@xxxxxxxxxx said:
> Yeah, Travis is definitely something we should get going. On the other
> hand, it sounds like few people are aware that we do already have a
> Buildbot instance (including at least some Windows coverage!) running:
>
> http://build.nanomsg.org/waterfall
>
> I'm not sure if access to that can be delegated to more people, or
> what infra it's running on.

It's running on my infrastructure and on a combination of hardware donated
my Martin Sustrik, myself and other volunteers from the community.

Now, as I wrote yesterday in a separate e-mail, for reasons which are
entirely unrelated I'm going to be closing down the physical location where
most of the buildslaves are hosted. My sublease officially ends at the end
of this month, depending on what the owner's plans are I can probably ask
to keep the existing buildslaves running a bit longer.

This concerns the slaves running builds for Linux, FreeBSD, Windows and
Solaris 10/SPARC.

I was planning on migrating at least some of the slaves (Linux, FreeBSD) to
Xen VMs on different physical hardware which I host elsewhere, however if
you are going to migrate to Travis then I'd rather just save myself doing
the work and switch it all off.

The buildmaster is hosted elsewhere and can keep running indefinitely
should that be wanted.

Let me know what your plans are.

Cheers,

-mato