[nanomsg] Re: Moving forward

  • From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: nanomsg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 17:15:42 -0700

> On Mar 18, 2015, at 4:44 PM, Isam Habbab <isam.habbab@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I apologize at the outset, I am a newcomer to nanomsg and I am thinking of
> using it in my applications as a messaging enabler in a C/C++ financial
> application. I have been reading the freelists emails and I would greatly
> appreciate it if someone helps me understand the background to the issues and
> where  things stand now. If anyone would like to do that privately without
> cluttering up the group chats please email me at isam.habbab@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:isam.habbab@xxxxxxxxx> (thanks a lot)

The technology, while not perfect, is probably a good fit for this use.  You of
course need to assess it for yourself, of course.  It is far less mature, but
greatly simpler, than zeromq.

As far as the community — lots of people using this stuff, although its still
nothing like zeromq in adoption.  There are fewer contributors, though there
are some.  Unfortunately, the creator of the project, Martin, has been mostly
absentee for the past several months, which has left the project without a lot
of leadership.  Hopefully this is just a temporary hurdle.

        - Garrett