[muglo] Re: (was) Fan Problem

  • From: Scott Strawbridge <scotts1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 12:08:07 -0400

This is my wife's Mac Book
it's sitting in the livingroom (well ventilated)
I'm thinking the fan is shot
We have done an archive and install with Leopard.
yesterday, I put Tiger on a USB external and booted from that and it
was absolutely silent for a long time, but eventually the noise
started again.
I wiped the drive and did a clean install of Leopard and updated it to
10.5.5, thinking it might be 10.5.6 that was causing the problem. Nope.
I tried both of the utilities that were mentioned and nothing made any
difference.
is there a place in London we can buy a Mac Book fan from?
----
Scott Strawbridge | Graphic Artist
scotts1@xxxxxxx
scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx