[muglo] iTunes mesh

  • From: Doug Bale <dougbale@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 09:10:10 -0700 (PDT)

Ever since moving my wife's iTunes music library to an external drive, I've had
some of it go missing. Much of it is now where it ought to be, but  other
things exist only on her iPod, with no hard drive backup. Although they
originally came from our iBook.

I've been keeping the iPod and iBook quarantined from each other for fear of
losing still more.

I understand Senuti will move files from the iPod to the computer (or, in this
case, a connected external), but I worry that using it will wipe out any  files
it finds on the hard drive's music library but not on its own.

This is probably a kindergarten question to iTunes adepts, but is there a way
to mesh the two using either iTunes' synching procedure or Senuti's, so that
any music found on one but not the other will be added to other rather than
being deleted? I had thought that was what was supposed to happen in the normal
course of things, but perhaps not.