[muglo] Re: (was) Fan Problem

  • From: Lara Strawbridge <lara.strawbridge@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 19:50:03 -0400

Thanks for all your suggestions Dean!  I tried them all with no luck,
so I think our next step will be to replace the fan.  We already
opened up the iBook to try cleaning the fan, so we know how to do it.
Thanks again!

Lara

On 3-Apr-09, at 5:54 PM, Dean Danis wrote:

You can buy a new fan from either MacOutpost, Mostly Digital, or
online at iFixit.com. Replacing a fan on a MacBook involves removing
the top case, something that's not to difficult, but requires careful
attention.

Dean Danis
519-494-8639
90 Caprice Cr.

London Ontario

N5V 3M2

> From: scotts1@xxxxxxx
> To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [muglo] Re: (was) Fan Problem
> Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 12:08:07 -0400

> This is my wife's Mac Book
> it's sitting in the livingroom (well ventilated)
> I'm thinking the fan is shot
> We have done an archive and install with Leopard.
> yesterday, I put Tiger on a USB external and booted from that and it
> was absolutely silent for a long time, but eventually the noise
> started again.
> I wiped the drive and did a clean install of Leopard and updated it to
> 10.5.5, thinking it might be 10.5.6 that was causing the problem.
> Nope.
> I tried both of the utilities that were mentioned and nothing made any
> difference.
> is there a place in London we can buy a Mac Book fan from?

> Scott Strawbridge | Graphic Artist
> scotts1@xxxxxxx
> scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> http://www.liquidphoenixdesign.com
> tel:(519) 474-2754
> iChat: scotts1
>
> ---
> MUGLO information at <http://www.freewebs.com/muglo>
> Manage your account options at <//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi

Share photos with friends on Windows Live Messenger
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid?50734
Manage your account options at <//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi