Re: [muglo] FW: Sharing Internet Connection

  • From: doug rogers <dougsamu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 18:01:27 -0500

Excuse my muddle-headedness here... but
On 8-Mar-08, at 8:48 PM, Bob McDaniel wrote:

> What did I expect? Well, remembering that my eMac is hardwired to
> access my
> ISP (Sympatico) via DSL thru the 6520,

The wired ethernet connection works. Correct?

> I expected that my MacBook Pro via
> its Airport card would piggyback on the eMac's connection via a
> signal from
> the 6520's antenna

So, dumb, de dumb dumb... the router is not putting out a wireless
signal...?

If the wired eMac is connected, and it has an airport card, then it
can be set up to retransmit that signal - creating a network - that
your MacBook can connect to.

That could test whether or not the MacBook is part of the problem.

If the eMac has wireless reception, and we know that it can connect
with ethernet, then can it connect wirelessly?  Disconnect its wired
connection and see if it can find the modem/router wirelessly.

___cartoon life blog___<http://home.golden.net/~samu>___more otherstuff
__<http://dougsamu.wordpress.com/>__<http://dougrogers.wordpress.com/>