Re: [muglo] FW: Sharing Internet Connection

  • From: Bob McDaniel <mcdaniel@xxxxxx>
  • To: Muglo <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 19:27:43 -0800

On 8-Mar-08, at 8:48 PM, Bob McDaniel wrote:
> What did I expect? Well, remembering that my eMac is hardwired to
> access my
> ISP (Sympatico) via DSL thru the 6520,

The wired ethernet connection works. Correct?

Yes. That is how my eMac is connected. No problem.

> I expected that my MacBook Pro via
> its Airport card would piggyback on the eMac's connection via a
> signal from
> the 6520's antenna

So, dumb, de dumb dumb... the router is not putting out a wireless
signal...?

That's what I wonder about, too.

If the wired eMac is connected, and it has an airport card, then it
can be set up to retransmit that signal - creating a network - that
your MacBook can connect to.

The eMac has NO Airport card and is hardwired via Ethernet cable to the
6520, which in turn is hardwired to DSL outlet.

By the way, I am only receiving the occasional email from MUGLO (and others
as well), but fortunately I can follow this thread using the Archives on the
MUGLO site (very useful!)

Bob