[muglo] Re: hello Gerhard - from new member

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 21:57:42 -0400

Functionality aside, I believe they were told iMovie couldn't produce
a high quality DVD. If this be true, I have been saving my nickels and
dimes to upgrade computers for nothing. The main reason I can justify
moving to an Intel duo is the ability to use all of the possibilities
within iMovie. Can somebody restore my dream(or piss on my parade)?
On Mar 31, 2009, at 9:16 PM, Douglas Plumley wrote:
> Final Cut Studio, which includes Final Cut + Motion + Color (US
> spelling) + Compressor + Soundtrack Pro + DVD Studio Pro, costs $1,500
> Canadian.
> Final Cut Express, which is what the new members are using, costs
> $200.
>
> While FCS is expensive, it has a lot within it.
>
> FCE, while more expensive than iMovie, has more functionality than
> iMovie.
>
> Without seeing their project, iMovie might not have the capabilities
> that they need. For example, having 4 video tracks, for layering or
> masking, is something that FCE does very well and very easily.

Wayne Dobson
pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx
(519) 474-1253 res.
(519) 860-2725 cell