[muglo] Re: hello Gerhard - from new member

  • From: Douglas Plumley <dplumley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo <muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 21:16:35 -0400

Final Cut Studio, which includes Final Cut + Motion + Color (US
spelling) + Compressor + Soundtrack Pro + DVD Studio Pro, costs $1,500
Canadian.
Final Cut Express, which is what the new members are using, costs $200.

While FCS is expensive, it has a lot within it.

FCE, while more expensive than iMovie, has more functionality than
iMovie.

Without seeing their project, iMovie might not have the capabilities
that they need. For example, having 4 video tracks, for layering or
masking, is something that FCE does very well and very easily.

On Mar 31, 2009, wayne dobson wrote:
 >>It sounds like a rumour started by a salesman for a $2,500 video
editing program. A new iMac should definitely run iMovie HD which,
short of a full blown Hollywood production, should satisfy your needs.
Remember the old computer axiom: "garbage in, garbage out". If you
import analogue home movies, don't expect high definition out.