[muglo] Re: Samsung laser printer

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 23:46:59 -0500

Thanks for all the tips....... we were close on the driver idea, but
actually it is a problem with Leopard. The drivers I'm using are Linux
based(Foomatic/gdi) and after installing Leopard, the printers have to
be reselected through 'Print setup utility'. This is fine, but Leopard
does not have this utility. After much searching, here's the fix: in
'Printer preferences', select the default printer. Right-click on it
and a menu will prompt 'Reset printing system'. Select this and re-
install the printer/driver and everything works.
On Dec 17, 2009, at 5:53 AM, Wayne Dobson wrote:

> I might have time over the holidays to play around with it.
> On Dec 16, 2009, at 9:44 PM, dplumley@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> While my Samsung is not quite as old, it is plugged into my Leopard
>> G4 iMac and
>> I can print to it from my Snow Leopard Intel MacBook.
>>
>> The 1210 is not listed at Gutenprint, but the 1250 is. Perhaps it
>> will work,
>> using printer sharing  with that driver, plugged into one machine
>> and accessed
>> from the other?

Wayne Dobson
pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx