[muglo] Re: Safari snafu

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 16:48:19 -0500

Safari? I assume you mean Mail. I don't think you can edit drafts. You
might have saved a number of progressive drafts and then forgot to
save the last one and it automatically saved it for you when you shut
down? In any case, Mail does exhibit some weird behavior sometimes.
On Dec 28, 2009, at 3:50 PM, Doug Bale wrote:
> Anybody run into anything like this? I spent three hours today
> composing a longish and somewhat delicate e-mail, saving it from
> time to time as a draft. I saved it one more time when I was called
> away from the computer for half an hour and when I went back and
> opened it up to add one final paragraph, it had been replaced by a
> few lines of text I'd copied and pasted in a different program
> altogether, earlier that day. Couldn't believe it. I closed the
> draft and opened it again. This time it contained only an even
> shorter cut-and-paste from something I'd been working on yesterday.
> Totally frustrated, I closed the thing again, quit the program and
> shut down. An hour or two later, I went back online, convinced I was
> going to have to rewrite the whole e-mail. I checked the draft
> again. Empty this time. Just on a whim, I looked in Safari's trash
> folder. There was my entire original e-mail (in mysteriously tiny
> type!). I was able to copy it into TextEdit, add
> the extra paragraph, save the entire thing as a backup, and copy it
> back into Safari and send it. Just bloody bizarre behaviour.
> ---
> Manage your account options at //www.freelists.org/list/muglo

Wayne Dobson
pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx