[muglo] Safari snafu

  • From: Doug Bale <dougbale@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 12:50:02 -0800 (PST)

Anybody run into anything like this? I spent three hours today composing a
longish and somewhat delicate e-mail, saving it from time to time as a draft. I
saved it one more time when I was called away from the computer for half an
hour and when I went back and opened it up to add one final paragraph, it had
been replaced by a few lines of text I'd copied and pasted in a different
program altogether, earlier that day. Couldn't believe it. I closed the draft
and opened it again. This time it contained only an even shorter cut-and-paste
from something I'd been working on yesterday. Totally frustrated, I closed the
thing again, quit the program and shut down. An hour or two later, I went back
online, convinced I was going to have to rewrite the whole e-mail. I checked
the draft again. Empty this time. Just on a whim, I looked in Safari's trash
folder. There was my entire original e-mail (in mysteriously tiny type!). I was
able to copy it into TextEdit, add
 the extra paragraph, save the entire thing as a backup, and copy it back into
Safari and send it. Just bloody bizarre behaviour.