[muglo] Re: Reply line ?

  • From: Tee Cashmore <teecashmore@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 17:10:49 -0500

On 11-Feb-05, at 3:10 PM, Ilbert Walker wrote:

> To pick or nit to pick  - that is the question  ??  !  :-)
>
> This is probably nitpicking , but I would like some input regarding
> where to
> place the reply line in an email response message.
>
> The software I use (Entourage) gives the option of placing it at the
> beginning of the reply mail OR at the end - following the quoted text.

I don't think it is nitpicking at all, it's partly good manners, mostly
logical thought patterns.
I always reply after a quoted passage; I agree with Martin that only
that portion that you are replying to should be quoted.
I also believe that those that simply reply with the full quoted text &
numerous "Muglo" endings are lazy, selfish louts.
  Reducing the quoted parts to relevant bits negates the problem of long
scrolling.
Here endeth my small rant of the day.

> TTFN,
TeeC