[muglo] Re: Reply line ?

  • From: Mary <iMary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 13:20:57 -0500

At 11:46 AM -0500 2/12/05, Martin Albinger wrote:

>Mary wrote:
>>  You can configure your email app to do it for you, automagically.
>>  What app do you use?

Hi Martin,

>Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC; en-US; rv:1.3.1) Gecko/20030701 ..."

Hmm, after I asked what app you use, it occurred to me that I might
find out by looking in the headers of mail you send to the list, and
lo, I found it reported there.

I don't think that email app can be configured to create an
attribution line in replies automatically. (Most other email clients
can.) I'll tell ya why I think that feature must be absent. I just
did a search of the mail (from other mailing lists, hundreds of
different users) that I have archived here. I looked for mail with
Then I looked to see if any of those list-members were including a
detailed attribution line in their replies. Nope. This suggests to me
that it can't easily be done.

But, perhaps we will hear from another Mozilla user who can offer
further insight.

  Mary (Eudora user -- Eudora ... uhm, er, rocks! :-)