[muglo] Re: OT - DNC list

  • From: Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 13:43:50 -0500

On Dec 6, 2008, at 12:22 PM, Tee Cashmore wrote:

> On Dec 3, 2008, at 6:40 PM, Doug Bale wrote:
>
>> What's the convention, please, Doug? I haven't heard tell of it
>> till now. Does the OT signify "old topic" to indicate a dormant
>> thread is being revived?
>
> Doug, OT stands for "Off Topic" & is a standard Abbrev used for years.
> TTFN,  TeeC
> ---
> MUGLO information at <http://www.freewebs.com/muglo>
> Manage your account options at <//www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/
> lsg2.cgi>

 From the MUGLO Archives - note date of my response to an earlier
thread.  Just did a quick search.

[muglo] Re: Off Topic issues

From: Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx>
To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 17:18:44 -0400
I thought that we had agreed that off topic discussions were to
start with an [OT] or [ot] so that those that prefer not to get
them could set up a filter to automatically exclude them?

I have deleted the original posts so am not sure if Eric posted
the subject with an [OT] but he's usually pretty good about that.

My $0.02 worth

Martin Eh!
{:)}-|--<

Martin