[muglo] Re: Muglo Meetings

  • From: Wayne Dobson <pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 21:03:58 -0500

Barry, your message is not falling on deaf ears..... you just covered
everything too well. My thoughts:
1. Freelist works up to a point. If screenshots or files are needed,
this is usually done directly by email and the other members who are
interested in the outcome are left hanging on a resolution. There
could be an unwritten rule that the original poster should summarize
the fix for everyone.

2. Forums are forums and muglo is muglo. Please leave it this way.

3. The fleamarket approach to meetings is more popular.

4. The coffee shop locale is a good idea, but what owner would put up
with us?

5. Rap is not sad, it is an abomination!

6. You infer that being a grumpy old coot is a bad thing.

On Dec 19, 2009, at 1:01 PM, Barry Takayesu wrote:

> Open Letter to Terry:
>
> Hi Terry:
>
> I was hoping to push some of the members into participating and
> helping with the meetings - since I know what it takes to put them
> together. However, when asked, we got a perspective that showed why
> some never attend or even have a desire to attend. With this
> knowledge, we can do one of two things: Stop knocking our heads
> against a wall or address the area that the Muglo Meetings can do
> better than the internet -

Wayne Dobson
pwdobson@xxxxxxxxxx
(519) 474-1253 res.