[muglo] MUGLO MEETING TOPICS

  • From: Barry Takayesu <barryt99@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 15:18:05 -0500

I added a few more topic ideas to the list that I started (at the very
bottom), but from where I'm standing, I'm certainly very underwhelmed
by the response to help Terry with ideas for Muglo meetings - both for
my post and also Terry's plea for suggestions back in November. Wayne
was the only one to reply. One might excuse the lack of responses
because 'T'is the season', but then again there's time for traffic
about: mottos, toast and questions about flat screen TVs.

I realize that organizations that I do printing for, have found that
getting their members out to meetings has been more and more difficult
and that the trade shows that I go to, have reported a marked drop in
attendance. Is our group getting what they want through emails and
internet and sequestering themselves from social contact? Remember
when Terry invited us to his BBQ, the answers were so slow to come in...

Putting together meetings is time consuming. It involves having help
with meeting topics, getting a topic presenter, arranging for room
with projector (not always automatic), connectivity, posters/
advertising, buying draw prizes and on and on.

I'm wondering if we should release the Library room back to Alastair.
I'm sure he could make better use of the room that he so graciously
allowed us.

On the other hand, is anyone interested in continuing with the
meetings? If so, any interest in the suggested topics? Any other topics?

On 2009-12-15, at 3:40 PM, Barry Takayesu wrote:

> This is the beginning of a good thread, Wayne. Let's help Terry by
> continuing to add ideas for future topics AND if you are able to take
> a topic and do a short Show and Tell, let him/us know. The Show and
> Tell doesn't have to be long - It could be an hour or it could be 5
> minutes. There might be topics that you are interested in but haven't
> mastered. If you were to tell Terry that you would be reading up on it
> and could put something together for February or March on that topic,
> I'm sure he would be delighted.
>
> We need everyone to participate. As the list of topics grows, perhaps
> you might know someone who might be able to discuss one or more of the
> topics -
>
> Here is a list of topics that I've compiled. Please add to the list.
> ---------------------------------------
> • Virtual/Video Glasses
> • Security - Wireless, Paypal, Encryption, SSC
> • News Readers
> • Apple eBook (new)
> • FreeMind
> • Aperture, Photoshop Elements
> • eBay
> • Phishing
> • Travel - finding good deals
> • Taxes/Income Tax
> • 3D Drawing
> • Snow Leopard - new features
> • Computer and GPS
> • Google Earth features
> • iPhone and Apps
----------------------------
• Google Chrome
• Torrent - Vuze
• iChat
• iTunes - Radio
• Zenbe, TeuxDeux
• iFixIt

Prestige Print & Graphics       Barry Takayesu
10592 Wellington Rd.            P: (519) 631-8800
St.Thomas, ON                   F: (519) 631-6316
Canada                          barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx