[muglo] Installing firmware in OS 9

  • From: Lee Dickey <Lee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 17:44:11 -0500

I am having some trouble and need some help.

I have some friends who want to upgrade their iMac from 10.2 to 10.3.
They have an iMac 400 (slot type) running 10.2.8.  To make the upgrade
to 10.3, they need to install firmware 4.1.9.
The instructions are to startup from OS 9.2.2.  They have this,
and they have used 9.2.2 to run some applications in the past.
However they have never started up from 9.2.2 since they moved
to OS 10.  They have changed their passwords in OS 10, but when
trying to startup from 9.2.2, they are asked for a password which
is now long forgotten.  OS9 apparently does not inherit password
changes that have been made in OS X !

Any other suggestions, please?

Lee