[muglo] Re: Dock Icons [was Re: skype]

  • From: Martin Albinger <max@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 16:25:41 -0500

On Dec 7, 2008, at 12:15 PM, jim taylor wrote:

> I dragged the old one out of the apps folder and trashed it. That
> left the new one in the folder and it appeared in the dock. Frankly,
> I didn't know there were different sides to the dock until this
> adventure. I note now the line.  The only thing on the right is my
> google earth folder and the trash icon. On the left are mostly apps
> although for some reason my preference icon is there. Don't recall
> putting it there. Dock was always a bit of a mystery to me but I have
> my most used icons iTunes, iPhoto, etc., here so it is handy. jim
> On 7-Dec-08, at 12:06 PM, Martin Albinger wrote:

Gosh Jim, I forgot that the Dock itself was split in two!!
Everything to the left of the line (Tiger anyway) are apps and you
can put other stuff on the right hand side, like folders and URLS (a
favourite website perhaps?).  You can still move stuff left or right
within their borders.  I have folder aliases for my favourite ones on
the right of the line and I have rearranged my application icons on
the left of the line with my least used ones way on the left -
Appleworks, Firefox and Safari are my first 3 after the dividing line
as I use those the most.

Martin