[moneytalks] Re: void/cancel

  • From: "Steve Zielinski" <steveziel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 15:23:40 -0600

Dan,

  When entering a check into the program, after you tab to the item field, hit
the down arrow.  The next sequential check number will be offered.  If it is
incorrect, simply type the correct number in, immediately,
  don't move your arrow keys in the item field or anything.  Just type in the
correct check number.

  The next time you enter a transaction and go to the item field and press down
arrow, the correct next sequencial check will come up automatically.

  Read in the documentation about the use of the down arrow key while entering
transactions, and how it works when first typing in a few letters of the
payee/payer, item, category or subcategory fields.

  Regarding automatic transactions, the program doesn't have the ability to go
online to a banking site and pick up transactions automatically.  However, it
does have the ability to use .qif and .csv files which you download yourself
and import into money talks.  You also can use the traditional telephone
banking systems available with most accounts.  You ca listen to the latest
transactions that have cleared, then manually clear them in money talks.  You
will also hear any automatic withdrawals or debits on those banking telephone
numbers as well.

  Money talks also has the ability to automatically insert recurring
transactions on a given date, or periodicity.  Make sure to read the manual and
you will learn about this feature called recurring transactions.  I have about
five recurring transactions in my accounts and they work quite well.

  Best regards,
  Steve