[moneytalks] Re: void/cancel

  • From: "Steve Zielinski" <steveziel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 22:22:33 -0600

Hi Paul,

Hope this gets out to you.  I posted a while back and never saw the message
come onto the list.

If I understand what you are trying to do, my message may help.  Here is what I
do.

When there is a check which I choose to void for whatever reason, I created a
payer name of Void.  In the debit field, I made it $0.00.  In the item field, I
entered the check number which I voided.  I used the category name of Void, and
didn't choose to use a subcategory in this case.  In the memo field sometimes I
write where the check was supposed to go to or most usually, I leave this field
blank.  But since the memo field is a free-flowing type of field, one can write
whatever they want in their that would be meaningful to them.

Now whenever I run across an instance where I need to void a check, I just type
in the first few letters of the word void while entering a new transaction.  I
then arrow down to have the program locate that payer, and the category field
is automatically filled in as void.  I make sure to put the correct check
number in the Item field and save the record.

Of course, if I have already written out the check I make sure to clear that
record too with the delete key while focused on that record.

Hope this helps.

Steve