[moneytalks] Re: Split Suggestion

  • From: dan ceppa <goddanc1redmond@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: moneytalks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 08:19:59 -0800 (PST)

Thank you!

  I enjoy beta testing.  It's fun to find ways of crashing a program.  As it
is, I often use programs in ways that they aren't supposed to work.

  The split feature would be of most use for deposits.  However, there are
times it could prove useful with checks.  The case that comes to mind is the
power bill.  Though billed through a single source, the electric and gas are
actually two separate companies.  The information sorted that way would be
helpful in tracking individual usage.

  You have an interesting point. For now, if this happens again, simply
hit F5 and hold down Delete to clear the splits. You can then edit the
transaction without deleting it. Of course, you will have to re-enter
the splits.

Rob Meredith

>>> goddanc1redmond@xxxxxxxxx 12/12/06 12:24PM >>>
Splitting a transaction would be easier and make more sense if the
input of each item to be split were first entered first and then the
entire transaction totaled. That would make it similar to the action of
writing a deposit slip with multiple checks and/or cash. The amounts
are entered before the total for the deposit is determined.

Check out the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta - Fire up a more powerful email and get
things done faster.